Last night I aarived in Ghana's capitol city Accra. I'm here coaching soccer to kids, and hopefully I'll get to play on a team as well. Today was my induction for Projects Abroad. Fynn took me and a new girl, Jasmine on a tour of Accra. he told us everything we needed to know about Projects Abroad and how to get around in Accra. (he explained about the crazy Tro-tros or mini buses and the line taxis- they are insane ways of getting around a city)
We walked around the city for a while and ate a Ghanian meal for lunch. Afterwards, I went to my work place to watch a match. I had not met any of the players yest, so I played with some of the little kids instead of watching the game.
Afterwards, I went back to my house. The place I am living is part of a school, and houses many volunteers. (Today I woke up to dozens of little kids singing "Oh Come Ole Faithful: they sounded so happy!!!) My 2 roomates are Chris, from Sweden and Tim from England. Jasmine and Chris are both on gap years as well. (Jasmine lives in the same place as well).
After dinner, we went to the Pharmacy to buy Tim medicine since he has Malaria. Afterwards, we sat around and talked, before we went to sleep.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment