Monday, October 5, 2009

My Last Day of Work

Today I had my last Morning Survey with John on the HL beach. Fortunately the beach was shortened so we walked 1 less kilometer. Then I went to town early before my K2 shift began. As I was getting of the bus I saw Tanj in disarray. She had found a dog on her Morning Survey and had brought it to a dog shelter. She was really sad because the shelter she brought it too had over 200 dogs and only 3 workers. Tanj was really worried for the dog she had brought there because she really loved it; later on she decided she was going to take it back to Switzerland with her.
Since my K2 shift was the last Kiosk shift of the season, John made me go and exchange all the coins from the donation jar to bills. I went around to several stores, restuarants and kioks all who denied me my request. Finally, I went to the bus station and they were more than happy to convert the coins into paper bills. In total, this took about an hour and a half; I was happy that it killed so much time. After the Kiosk Shift ended, we took down everything from inside the Kiosk and brought all the extra stock back to the stock room. In the stock room, John and I (honestly it was more me than him) counted all the remaining stock that we had not sold.
We went back to camp, and on the bus we met Nora who had just come back for Iraklion, visiting a friend and the historical sites. We talked in abbrevs the entire way home and I think the whole buse, including John wanted to kill us.
For my last night we just went to the cafe near our camp, got ice cream and hung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment