Sunday, October 4, 2009

Movie Night... and a lot of other exciting things

Thursday September 24

Today was a really exciting day. I had my last MR Morning Survey with Nora. During our walk we saw Scarfy, my favorite stray dog so I said bye to him.
After the Morning Survey we went to the supermarket to buy food for the camp and we visited the talking bird. Today the bird felt like talking a lot. It kept saying Hi, Hello and Hey in all different voices-- it was the funniest thing ever. It also said Mama and Moomin/ Nora (we weren't sure which it was) a few times. Whenever it spoke we would crack up and could not stop laughing.
When we got back to camp John told us that there were some hatchlings lost near the back of the beach (near our campsite). Me and Tanj went to help Mckenna look for them. By the time we got to Big Mac aka Easy Mac aka Mac Daddy, she had already put 3 turtles on the sand near the shore (we are not supposed to put them in the water, just near the sea because the have to strengthen their muscles and lungs by walking into the sea. If we put them straight into the water they will drown.)
We went back to the back of the beach and Tanj found another hatchling. We brought it to the front of the beach and watched it as it walked into the water and got washed away by the waves. We searched for another 45 minutes but found nothing else.
I went back to camp and cleaned my tent of movie night. This is really random but I started talking about the contenders to hold the 2016 Olympics with Daniel. This is relative because at K2 later that day a man wearing a Chicago Olympic T-shirt came over to the Kiosk and we also started talking about it. He also knew Northwestern which made me excited because no one in the world knows it. Later on some people who lived in Chicago also came over and also knew Northwestern!!!!
An important thing which happened right before my Kiosk shift began was the Mel had told me "Lord of the Rings" had not downloaded on her computer so we could not watch it; Movie Night was doomed. Tanj then told me to look for the bootleg DVD people to see if they had LOTR. I found two of these men and did not ind LOTR but I found a movie called "Knights of Bloodsteel", which looked like a Fake version of LOTR aka FLOTR. I knew that this would be a terrible movie but histerical to watch and it had Christopher Lloyd so that was an incredible feature as well. I also bought "Mamma Mia" because we are obsessed with ABBA at camp. Nora, Mac Daddy and Tanj thought FLOTR was a good idea while Daniel, Mel and John did not.
After K2 we went back to camp, ate dinner and killed time till 11:30 until the K3 people returned from work. Then we began Movie Night!!
We all went to my tent since it was huge to watch the movie.
The movie was honestly terrible and we could not really hear it well. We ended up just hanging and laughing and hanging out instead. (John did not come and Mel and Tanj left early. Nore, Easy Mac and Daniel and I slept in the tent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment