Thursday September 10th
Today I had Morning Survey and cooking, so between the hours of 9 am- 6pm I had nothing to do. I decided to go to Almirida with Mckenna. We went here because we were told that this was the only beach in Crete that taught people how to wind surf. We too the 2 hour commute to get there, and were both really excited to surf. However, the man at the counter told us they did not have lessons and did not rent out there boards to beginners, so we did not end up wind surfing. I was kind of disappointed, but we stayed on the beach for a few hours instead. I took a nap, which was refreshing because I walked 12 miles yesterday and 4 this morning (at 6:30 am). I got really tan during my nap, so that is a plus.
We ate lunch and decided to the 3:45 bus back to Chania so Mckenna could make it back to K3. We waited at the bus station for 45 minutes, so we asked a local about the bus schedule. He replied "the buses come when ever they feel like it." We realized that we were stranded here (at least till 7pm when the next bus was schedules to come. Mckenna needed to be back by half past 6.)
We decided to hitch hike, something neither of us had ever done. We wrote a sign saying "Hania", and started along the road. I actually thought we would end up walking all the way back (22 km), but not even 5 minutes later a car pulled over to pick us up. He was a Canadian man, and was extremely generous for giving us a ride. He was nice, but when ever he spoke I could not hear him because he was very soft spoken.
We arrived in Chania, where I met Fat Dog. Fat Dog is the fattest dog I have ever seen. It is actually tremendous, definately ways more than a baby cow, but surprising walks. ( I did not see it walk but that is what others told me.)
It was really funny, but I felt bad because it was so huge.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment