Sunday, September 6, 2009

Athens, Greece

September 2009

Tuesday September 1

Today I arrived in Greece but before I go to Crete to start my first service site, I will spend one day with my family in Glyfada, a suburb near Athens.

Since I did not go to Greece this summer, I was really excited to be here and see my family.
Once I walked off the plane, I heard people speaking Greeke to one another and I immediately smiled. Even though I live in New York, I feel like this is a second home to me, so I felt like I was returning home after being gone for a year.
I saw my Uncle Kostas, Aunt Mandy, Uncle John and my cousin Ioanna the Iguana. I was very pleased to see them.
For lunch I had a gyros with tzajiki, french fries and onions-- it was so good.
At night Ioanna and I went out for dinner. She really wanted to go to TGI Fridays, so I said I would go. This is extremely funny for people I hang out with a lot because we ALWAYS end up eating at Fridays, even if we look for other restaurants to eat. I actually ate there the night before I left with a couple of friends. It was too busy so we did not go.

Then me and Ioanna took a lot of pictures of ourselves, because we are freaks.

1 comment: