Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last K3

Wednesday September 23

Today I had Morning Survey on MR with John. Nothing exciting happened.
Afterwards, the founder of Archelon came to camp to visit the volunteers and the work he had started. He was in Heraklion, a city 3 hours away, in order to speak at the National Wildlife Convention, and was willing to travel for hours to visit us. He was a really nice, down to earth guy who was in love with turtles. I was really nice to see someone that concerned and willing to help a problem in the world.
Afterwards I had my last K3, with Daniel, where I my first adoption occured. (At Kiosk, people can adopt a turtle by donating 30+ Euros. This donation goes straight to helping one specific turtle. The adopters decided to name their turtle Zues.
Harry, the turtle who lives in the harbor was spotted today, but we did not see him.

Another interesting note, only for a few people-- at camp Nora and Mel call me Demimi! I had this nickname in NYC from a few people.

No comments:

Post a Comment