Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 6th- 8th

Sunday September 6th

Today I had Morning Survey on MR beach. I was paired up with Alex. Alex is really nice and a truly hilarious person. I tried not to talk to much since M.S. is early in the morning ( and I have been told I talk a lot), but half way through the walk I began speaking. We talked about "Summer Heights High".
We also found an adorable little puppy. He followed us for about 3 miles. I was playing fetch with him for most of the walk; he hardly ever brought the sick back to me. He was a really cool dog.

After morning survey I had nothing until K3 (M.S. ends at 9 am, and K3 starts at 6:30 pm), so I just chilled out at camp for most of the day. I went to Chania early to walk around town. I started walking around the backstreets of the city, and soon enough I entered a strictly residential area. This district was on top of a hill, so I was able to see the whole of Chania from the area I ended up in, it was really a cool site.

I also met a Senegalese man named Alex who was selling watches, and Eric and Susanna, 2 British people who were recommending places for meto visit while on Crete.

At K3 with Mckenna, Popcorn man put a live fish in Mckenna's hands and she freaked out. It was actually histerical: she did not know what to do aka through it back into the water.

I also learned that she (and I quote) "learned how to cross the street here in Greece." I always make fun of her for this because it is really ridiculous. (She lives in a small town in Mississippi so she is not used to traffic/ cars on the road, but still its funny.)
She makes fun of me for not knowing that horses eat apple cores, but I live in a city so I don't have horses in my backyard, like she does.
After kiosk I went to camp, and fell asleep.

Monday September 7th

Today I had one job assigned to me: presenting a slide show at 9 pm. This meant I was free the whole day. I did not really do anything special. I hung around camp, and went to the beach, which is literally 15 seconds from camp.
The beach was really nice. Usually the water is really calm, but today it was rough and wavy. I went swimming in these waters, and was pushed and pulled by the waves. It was a lot fo fun to have a little more action in my laid back, calm schedule.

We went to give the slide show, and not one person showed up, so we did not present it.

Tuesday September 8th

Let me explain to you what we sell at Kiosk. (I am only allowed to buy a limited amount of these things. I was going to buy a lot of turtle souveniers for people, but that does not look possible.)

Turtle necklaces, T-Shirts, Leather bags, Pencils, Calendars, Coloring Books, Key Chains and Board Games. The T-shirts, pencils and necklaces are nice, but the leather bags, which also sell, are kind of ugly. There are also Board Games, and there was 1 sold the entire summer. i am telling you this because today I had K1 with Nora, and we sold 2 board games, it was really exciting. (The things which excite us here!!!)
After I returned to camp, I decided to go to the beach again. Today the waves were huge and rough again. However, I decided to swim a little farther out than yesterday, which was a bad idea. I could not get back on to the shore. I had to let the water push me around and the waves pull me under for a few minutes before I was able to get back to shore. Even though it was a little dangerous, it was still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment