Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 17-18

These past days have not been very exciting at all.

On Thursday all I had was K3 with John, so during the day I went swimming and did my laundry.
At K3 we made a decent amount of money, even though the town gets emptier each night; its a sign that the end of the season is approaching quickly.
The biggest thing which happened was that 6 British tourists came over to tell us that they had seen Harry, the turtle who lives in the harbor. I have never seen him, so I was kind of jealous.

The next day I had 4 jobs. I had Morning Survey on the MR beach. I also had K1, and for K1 I would have to leave for town at 9:15. I would have made this bus, but a huge river had formed at the end of the beach, flowing from in-land to the sea, and me and Tanja had to walk backwards to get off the beach, in order to walk to camp.

As I implied, I had K1 with Tanj. She is really nice and thinks I'm very funny.

Then I had K1 with Mel. Mel was mad at me because I was late. John had not told her that I was doing MS (he asked me to because the 2 German girls left 10 days too early and there were many unoccupied jobs), so she was upset that she had to set up kiosk alone (something which is difficult for only 1 person to do, so I understood where she was coming from). After I explained myself she was not mad anymore and we talked about TV, movies and documentaries. After my shift I went back to camp, went for a swim, cooked and cleaned and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment