Monday August 31st
Today is the day I leave to travel alone.
I've been excited for this trip since even before I knew it was a possibility. I haven't really been nervous or scared either. I knew in June and after graduation that everything was going to change.I knew high school would never come back to me, but I had the summer ahead of me. i saw a lor of my friends and people from Regis that I did not really think of the drastic change. Even when I was saying bye to everyone, it still had not hit me that I would not be spending every day with them; I knew I was saying good-bye, but it did not feel like farewell.
I got to the airport and checked in all three of my over-weight bags. Even when we were sitting at Dunkin Doughnuts it still feel like I was about to leave.
But when I had to go on line to pass through security and said good-bye to my parents, it hit me. I was sad that I was leaving my parents, but I'll see them again in less than a month. For me getting on this line represented the real good-bye of my old life. Once I went through the checkpoint I couldn't turn back, figuratively and literally.
It's upsetting to think that I will not have class with my the class of '09 again, and I will not see a lot of people who I've had friendships with ever again. I know I'll keep in contact with my close friends, but I was saying good-bye to so much more; I was saying bye to the past 4 years, a lifestyle. I have learnt and grown so much, and I will miss most of the people I have come in contact with at Regis.
Well, that's life and I have a new chapter in my life in which to look forward. If it is half as rewarding than I would be happy.
Well, while on the plane I met a really nice lady for Seattle, Megan, who was going to Greece to write a book about nutrition. We talked a lot during the flight about different foods, my trip, history as well as her previous travels. She said she goes to different countries for months of even years at a time; experiences seemed fascinating. From the stories she told me, I felt like she completely immersed herself in all the cultures.
She was extremely nice, and put up with my talking a lot on the flight. If you are reading this sorry, and thanks.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment