Today I visited the Samarian Gorge with Katarina and Christina.
The Samarian Gorge is Europe's largest gorge, spanning 18 kilometers ( about 12 miles), through south- westeren Crete.
We walked the entire way in about 5 hours. It was a lot of fun and truly beautiful. The scenary and landscape was truly amazing. There were so many types of terrains we passed. We started at the top of the gorge, so we just looked down and saw mountains covered in trees and woods. We walked down the mountains roads to a huge forest with thousnads of trees. Christina really likes trees, so we decided to climb the trees, and take pictures with a lot of them. It might sound really stupid, but it was really funny because whenever we saw an interesting looking tree we got so exited.
Me and Katarina went "swimming" in a spring in the woods. It was the clearest water I have ever seen.
After the forestry, we entered the canyony parts. The walls of the gorge towered hundreds of feet above our heads, and the path became extremely narrow that we could only walk in single file line for a while. There were so many little rivers flowing everywhere, and so many trees growing out of the side of the gorge's mamouth walls.
I tried to make a video account of the walk. I will try to put it up on the blog.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment