Today I had K1 with Nora. On our way to kiosk we saw some sort of Spanish sports team walking around the harbor of Chania. We thought it was like the Spanish national team for soccer. We were wrong but close; they were here to compete at the world championship for U20 Waterpolo.
During kiosk we spoke with many Americans. I have noticed more and more Americans here in Crete the past week or so. Usually there are many Scandi's and French, but it is nice to talk to Americans once in a while.
While at kiosk, the harbor was really wavey and a lot of people were getting soaked by the huge waves. It was really funny because a little kid got really wet; he was really far from the water but the water still reached him. His mother had been looking the other way so when she looked at her son she was confused as to how her son was soaking wet. Also, there was a Belgium family by stuff near the kiosk and as the mom decided to carry her daughter on her shoulders. As the mom was lifting the kid into the air, she hit the little girls head on the top of the kiosk. The little girl actually did not cry but it seemed like she had hit her head pretty hard. The mother began to laugh so I began to laugh as well. Even though the girl might of gotten hurt, and I felt bad for her, I could not stop laughing becuase it was one of the funniest things I had seen in Crete.
After K1 I went out to lunch with Christina at Tamam, a really great restuarant, because it was her last day. She said she was very happy to go home to see her family and to go to school. After the meal, we exchanged info and said our good-byes. Like all the other farewells I got very said because we were just getting to know one another. I had a few nicknames for Christina: Kri-Kri, Chris3 and Scheisse, and I had a inside jokes with her- Christine Reign and Tree loving.
Back at camp it was extremely empty since so many people had left in such a short period of time; the change is pretty drastic. There are 7 volunteers, but we are never more than 5 people at camp together (5 if everyone stays at camp during their breaks, which is not always the case).
I got back to camp to find Nora and Tanj. We started to talk about Lord of the Rings. Tanj told us how she went to New Zealand and visited some places where the movie was filmed. She took the "Ride of the Rings" (she rode a horse through some of the woods which were featured in the end of the 1st movie/ begining of the 2nd), and told us how people can still visit the Shire and see the Hobbit houses.
Nora thought I was such a nerd when I knew the name of the main ent- Tree Beard. Also, I said the troll in the 1st movie was pretty cool and she could not stop laughing at me. We were then talking about the different characters amd I was dubbed the worst character, Frodo. In retaliation I call Tanja Gimli now and Mckenna Gollum. After the LORT conversation I had to clean nest cages, which was really hard. I had to chip the paint of these metal contraptions and then brush of the rust using a metal brush. I kept slipping with the brush and getting the metal hairs stuck in my finger.(Now I have scars everwhere)
I went to sleep at 8:30.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment