Today I had K1 with Mckenna. During our shift, Mckenna was asking about what she should do while she was in Athens. (She is going for a week after Archelon ends). This conversation led to me giving her a brief history lesson about ancient Greek wars. In exchange she told me some things about Mississippi.
After the shift I went to the internet cafe to post a link to the new BSB songs on Tanj's, Nora's and Mckenna's walls. (We listen to my I-pod a lot and Tanj hates my music. One day she jokingly asked if I had Backstreet Boys, and I responded "of course." She hates them with a burning passion, so I pretend to love them. We have been talking about BSBs a lot at camp, so I thought the news of their new hit would be a nice surpise for Tanj and the others.
At camp I had cooking and cleaning. I cooked an omlette with potatoes, onions, and cheese with fruit salad and cherry juice. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the meal, which made me happy. Afterwards we discussed the movie night which we had been planning for the past few days. We decided to watch LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring on Thursday. This discussion led to us talking about which characters from the movie we are. Like stated before Tanj is Gimli, and Mckenna is Gollum. Nora said she would rather be Legolas. I am Frodo, but they said if I had my long hair I would have been Aragorn, since they like my long hair better. (They saw pictures on facebook)
This discussion led to us having a LOTR photoshoot "dressed" as our characters with make-shift costumes. Tanj had a pick-axe and Nora had bamboo for her bow and arrow. Tanja also made a beard for herself using her long hairl; it was really a fun time. After the LOTR obsession we listened to music (more ABBA as well as Midnight Train to Georgia) and hung out.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment