Friday September 11
I woke up this morning and it was pouring down rain. This was miserable for a few reasons. First because my tent is not water proof, so it leaked a little bit. Second, because everything got extremely muddy. Finally, I'm in Greece and it's raining. (Boo Matt Colon)
My only job today was K2, which starts at 2:30, so until then I stayed at camp with the other volunteers playing cards and checkers. I went to K2 and as usually nothing to exciting happened.
I got back to camp, and sat down to dinner. While eating Nora asked to see my ipod to see what types of songs I have. She said she usually goes through people's ipods looking for the funniest songs. I have a lot of girly pop music from the 90s so it was not too hard to find "good" songs. They played a lot of songs including Ace of Base "I Saw the Sign" and S Club 7. It was really funny to see adults singing and dancing to these songs. it was very reminiscent of the soccer buses.
Saturday September 12
Today I had morning Survey on HL with Tanja. Since it rained the previous night we found no turtle tracks. (Luckily that was the only night it rained (as of Sep 16th))
After MS I went back to camp and napped till 12:30. When I woke up, I went for a quick swim at the beach. I got back to camp to see that no one was there. I decided to go into town early to walk around and look for souvenirs and gifts. (It was much harder than I thought it would to find nice things)
As I walked through a different part of the city I had never been too, I saw many ruins and ancient structures. This was really interesting not on because the ruins were beautiful, but also because they existed in the middle of a metropolis and were still in great conditions (relatively speaking of course).
As I was walking back to Kiosk, I realized how beautiful the city really was. The Kiosk is in the harbor of the olf city, surrounded by Greek, Venetian and Turkish styled architecture. To the left og the kiosk was a mosque, right behind it is a Greek orthodox Church, and right across from it is a light house. (Between the light house and our Kiosk is water were beautiful sail boats are always traversing through.
K3 started out really boring so I decided to count and organize all the coins in the donation jar ( A jar where people can put spare change if they want to donate some money)
There was 19.30 E
There were 38 2o cent coins, 63 10 cent coins, 64 5 cent coins, 74 2 cent coins and 72 1 cent coins, as well as two english pennies and a danish coin.
I also organized the coins according to which countries the y come from.
20 cent coins: 19 Greek, 9 German, 2 Spanish, 2 Italian, 2 French, 2 Finnish and 1 Irish
10 cent coins: 35 Gr, 10 Ger, 4 Sp, 3 Fr, 1 Bel, 2 It, 4 Austian, 4 Fin
5 Cent coins: 36 Grk, 6 It, 5 Fin, 6 Dutch, 3 Ir, 3 Fr, 1 Bel, 1 Aus, 1 Sp, 1 Portugal
2 Cent coins: 36 Grk, 14 Germ, 2 Slovakian, 5 It, 4 Sp, 5 Ir, 7 Fr, 4 Au, 1 Bel, 1 Luxembourg
1 Cent coins: 23 Ger, 12 Fr, 24 Gr, 2 Aus, 1 Dutch, 2 Sp, 2 It, 6 Ir
After counting the coins, I saw a fire dancer. It was just a lady who danced with and juggled fire. Since there was not much happening I was amazed by her performance.
K3 ended and we closed up the Kiosk. Katarina and I took a little longer than usual cleaning up. I looked at my watch and saw we had 7 minutes to catch the bus. We started walking quickly; the brisk walk turned into a jog and then into a run. We finally got to the station. We saw our bus close its doors and start to drive away, so we ran on the side of it and banged on the door to stop. It did, which is lucky for us because sometimes they do not.
Sunday September 13
Today I had K1 with Katarina. I told her that I wanted to buy a Cow Boy hat, because I think they are so cool. Instead of going straight to Kiosk, we went looking for a hat for me. We found a really nice one, but it did not have a string (which is a vital part of the hat) so I did not get it.
While at Kiosk we saw Paris Hilton, so we were extremely excited.
I got back to camp after K1 and I took a nap. Then both of us made dinner, a potato salad Katarina wanted to make. It was really good. After dinner we went to the internet cafe to watch youtube videos. We watched the Serena Williams video. (tennis is my new favorite sport after it)
We also decided to show one another "funny" clips from youtube. Personally, I thought they were so weird. We watched the Moomins ( Finnish children show) and some weird guy whipping, washing and brushing his hair. Honestly that was the strangest video ever and I can't describe it myself. Here are the clips if u want to watch them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9ryn0TaME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByqVJIfKCI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9hw5K-m6Q&feature=related
Then me and Alex showed the Mr. G clip from Summer Heights High-- it was by far the funniest video we watched.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment