Monday, November 2, 2009

2nd dayof Work and Quiz Night

Tuesday October 27th

I started my day by working with the senior team. These players are between 20 and 30years old, and arereally great players. They have great technique and are vey quick with the ball. Tuesday is the fitness day, so they did a lot of running and excercise. I even made them do some of the plyo- metric moves we did for track; thanks Ms. Chua!! AFter fitnnes they played a possession/ keep away game. Since today was the fitness day, many players did not show up, so they needed an extra player. I was the only volunteer with sneakers so I played.
I played well, but I am not in good shape, so the combanation of that and their great technique made me feel out played. But even though they did out play me, I still had fun kicking the ball around!
After training I returned home, and went to the nursery. I sat and played with theyoungest kids there, who were about 1 and a half years old. They are so cute, and all of the came and hugged me. They tried to talk to me, even though they couldn't really speak, which was funny. Also, they were fascinated by my beardI made funny faces for them. Some of them would luagh and imitate me, while others ran away.
I took a quick nap, and went back to training where I helped out the U 12 training.
After work, we went to the Projects Abroad headquarters for Quiz Night. It is just a get together with al the volunteers every Tuesday, where we mingle, do a quiz and eat pizza. Fynn sets it up. Fynn is in charge of the volunteers in Accra. He is really nice, hard working guy. I get to see him quite often because he comes to my house to check on Tim, who had malaria, and on Jasmine who is scared of every little thing. (Jasmine is honestly one of the funniest people I have ever met. All we do is annoy each other and called one another names, but we are always joking)
When Quiz Night finished we went to a bar called Celsbridge, and I met a few mor volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment