Nothing too new happened these past three days, so I will just write a short synopsis of the days.
Tuesday November 17th
We had senior training in the morning, and I refed a game they played. Then I returned to the art center with Laura to finish my shopping. We new what we wanted so our trip was extremely quick. Afterwards, I ate lunch with Laura and Matt at Celsbridge, and then planned Thanksgiving at another restaurant called Melting Moments.
For U 12 training, the team played a match. I was put in charge of one of the teams. We were winning for the first half, and then in the second half we played horribly, and lost. I also had a huge fight with the ref, because he was aweful.
Next I went to quiz night. I thought I had won for sure, but I was off by 1 question. I got many of the answers correct, but I got Michael Jackson's death wrong. I said June 26th and it was June 25th.
Finally, a group of us visited Jasmine in the hospital.
Wednesday November 18th
Today there was no senior training in the morning, so I went to Oxford street to buy a duffle bag. I ended up spending an hour or so there talking with a man I know who sells things there, and his sick mother.
After Oxford street, I went to the field for the senior match. Before the game, I met up with the team. Like at the start of all games/ practices, they began praying, but today was cool because they prayed in song! They sang for a good 30 minutes, dancing and just having fun while doing so.
They should have clearly won the game, but the goalie (who was the second string goalie- I don't know why the coach didn't put the other goalie in after the first goal) let in 2 goals, which should have been saved.
At the end of the match, I headed to the side of the field where the U 12s were training, and I helped out with that for a short while.
Later that night, we went to Duplex, a sports bar to watch the France vs. Ireland soccer match (go France!!), and then to Reggae Night at La Bodi Beach like I did last week. It was cool because more people came this week. I just hung out with the other volunteers, talkled to some new people aka rasta men who were high, and danced with Evelyn again. I had a lot of fun with Lauren, doing our Ernie and Bert impressions, and Laura taking pictures by the sea.
Thursday November 19th
Today was Chris's last day.
We had no senir training because they had a match the day before, so I slept a little later. Then we both went to school training, but the headmistress wouldn't let us take the kids out because we were supposed to be there at 10 not 11. (This change was implemented on Tuesday, and we weren't informed of it- how were we supposed to know??)
Instead, I went to the art center yet again (I really didn't want to go) because Chris wanted to but a drum and a few soccer jersey's. I have to be honest, he was the worst bargainer I have ever seen. And it was just funny to see a guy with a Swedish accent trying to be serious. I even told him some people I know could get what he wanted for more than 20$, but he said no. What can I tell you, Swedes are strange people. No, he's pretty chill, and he was a cool guy that I got to meet and hang out while I was in Ghana. It will be strange without Chris because he was a fellow coach and my roommate and we spent a lot of time together.
After the art center, we headed back to U 12 training. Today I brought my football with me, so I started playing with it. For the first 20 minutes of practice, while the team was warming up, I was tossing the ball around, and "tackling" a group of the U 10s; they seemed to really like it!
Later that night, Chris packed, and went to the airport. Then instead of going out, I went to bed early.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment