Friday October 30th
On most weekends the volunteers decide to travel, so I decided to go with a group of them to an island on the eastern coast of Ghana called Ada Foah. However, before we left I went to senior training in the morning, where I did nothing.
We went home and packed, and ate lunch right before we decided to leave. We were eating lunch at about 1:40, and of course Jasmine hadn't packed. We needed to leave out house by 2:00 to get to the tro on time, but Jasmine, being Jasmine, was in her own little world.
We finally left the house, and met up with the other people we were traveling with. The group consisted of 6 people: myself, Jasmine, Alex, Chris, Jesse and Anna. The tro-tro station we needed to get to was in central Ghana, called Tudu. There were hundreds of people in this market- like station, busling around chaotically, and dozens of people with baskets on the heads selling all types of snacks and refreshments.
The tro was pretty crowded, and that fact that I am very fidgety did not help. After about a 2 and a half hour ride we got off at the last stop, which happened to be the wrong stop, so we were lost in the middle of Africa at night. Luckily a man helped us out and directed us to the port. We arrived at the port and took a 20 minutes boat ride to the island.
Even though it was pretty dark when we arrived, I could see it was a really beautiful and peaceful island. We ate dinner and I went to bed early.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment