Monday, November 9, 2009

Going to Vli Falls

Friday November 6th

As usual, Fridays are the day I go away. However, before I left for Vli Falls, a region in the Eastern Volta region of Ghana, I went for a run and helped out with senior training. Today at senior training, I played in a mini- match. I actually played pretty well, so I was happy about that!

Like a I said before, the place where I decided to go this weekend was to a water falls in the east of Ghana. The people who were coming this weekend were all people I did not know really well, with the exception of Jasmine and Henriette. The people included Lauren, my old house mate, Alexandra, Georgina, Andy, Dan, Flourianne, a new French girl, and Laura, Jasmine's friend who came yesterday.
They were all really cool, and it was nice getting to know new people!

To get to the falls, we went to the tro-tro station in downtown Accra. We walked around for a good hour looking for the tros which were heading to our destination. They told us that all the tros to Hohoe, were full. We continued walking around this hude, confusing station until tro that would privately take us directly to our lodge.
We got in the tro to start our 5 hour journey.
Driving through the country side was pretty amazing. I saw small villages, consisting of mud and straw huts. It also rained for a while, so we saw how the small, dirt side roads were all floaded. The scenary was also incredible. The ominous, grey clouds, combined with the green grass and bushes, with mountains in the background was picturesque. Every once in a while we would drive by a massive tree, standing more than 30 feet high, with huge, twisted branches; these were honestly so cool!

We got to out destination at around 9:00, and then we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment