Wednesday October 28th
Today we had senior training in the morning at 9 a.m.. For the first half of the practice I played in a possesion game and scrimmage with them. I felt like I was playing much better, so I was happy. For the second half of practice, I played with Izekial and Rapheal. They were clmbing on top of me; they also had a fascination with my stop watch, so I made them race each other in order to show them how fast they were.
After training Chris and I went to Accra Mall. We went because I needed to buy post cards, and Chris wanted to eat a Hamburger. It was nice, but very small. Also, my post cards were extremely expensive.
Driving to and from the mall we saw dozens of people walking in the road at stop lights selling all types of things, including toys, flags, sponges, brooms, drinks, fruits, candies, towels, literally everything imaginable. I even bought a hat from one of these men.
After the mall we went back home for lunch. Most of the Ghanian food I have eaten is really good ( I like coco yam leaves, red-red, yams and the chicken), but today we had banku and soup. The banku is a maize/ corn sticky ball which I do not mind, but the soup was full of fish and was really gross.
In the afternoon we went back to the pitch for U 12 training. After practice I came back to the house, got ready and went to Mamma Mia's a pizza place for dinner. There I met a lot of volunteers. Alexandra from England who studied at UVA for a year and Emma who lived in New York, also from England. I sat next to 2 Singaporean girls, who were really nice, Perry and Kelly. I talked with them a lot, and told them my love of Asians and taking an excessive amount of pictures.
It was nice to get to know the other volunteers.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment