Thursday, November 19, 2009

Art Market- 2nd time around

Today we didn't have senior training, so I slept in a few hours. However, at 11, we had school training, so I had to get to the pitch at 10:45.
Chris took charge of the school practice, so I didn't do much. He made them do some drills, and compete in some races- like dribling the ball around cones.
After the practice was completed, we met up with Matt and Laura, and headed to the art market. We entered the market and were swarmed by people. We did a lot of bargaining, and bought our souveniers. After our shopping was completed, 3 different groups of men took us to their shops and gave us free drum lessons. We continued walking around the market; I bought something small from eveyone, because of course I feel bad for them. I also stopped to talk to like all of them, and even the people I didn't buy stuff from seemed to like me. They were explaining how their rasta beliefs are as followed; the world is like a mirror- if you are good it it, it will treat you well, and if you are bad to it, it will treat you badly. They said that's how they act wth people. For example, if a person is rude to them, and ignores them, they will be really rude and mean to that person. But if you stop to talk to them, they will be nice. Personally, I think most of the rastas are kind of crazy, and only want money, but I did get a few free gifts, which doesn't seem to happen a lot. (My favorite guy was Jamanlove)
Then we went back to U 10 training. For practice today we had a mini tournament. I was in charge of 2 teams. My first team, Team USA, lost, but my second team, Team Romans, won the whole tournament. When they won, the entire team and I went nuts, dancing and singing like we just won the world cup, even though it was a silly practice tournament.
When I returned home, we found out Jasmine was really sick with malaria.
We also saw "Inglorious Basterds," which was really funny. And then I spoke with Brennan on the phone!! It was cool to talk to someone from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment