Sunday November 8th
I woke up at around 6 because I needed to pick up the black stars. I thought they would look like the stars on the Ghanaian flag. Instead, they turned out terrible. One was alright, but the other two were horrible. One was giant, and mis-shapen, and the other one looked like a deformed star-fish.
At around 7, we hopped on to a tro-tro heading back to Accra. About an hour and a half into the trip the tro broke down. We had to get out a push it down the road for maintence; it was really African to me, pushing a broken down car through a small village and market place.
On the tro I sat next to Alexandra. We played some game about random knowledge and facts. We are both really competative, but I won in the end. She was kind of upset, but she was funny about it. Then we listened to Disney songs.
I got home, said goodbye to Tim, my roommate because he was leaving today, and went to the soccer game the senior team was playing. I didn't really stay long. Instead I went to buy some kids soccer jerseys. We went to Circle, a crazy area, with so many people busling around, and then we headed to Cantamentu. This was a new area of Accra for me. It seemed more developed than the other areas of Accra I have seen. This market was much less crowded, but I think this is the case because it was Sunday evening. It was cool because we saw a skating rink, where people were putting on a show, and hundreds of chickens, guinea fowl and pigeons being sold in cages.
Afterwards, I went back to their nieghborhood for a while. I met the kids's parents, and hung out with a lot of Ghanaian people. We are told that it is not safe to be out alone after dark, but it was really cool to see how busy the barracks were at night, and to see all the people mingling.
Then I went home, and fell asleep.
I bought what we needed, and I headed back t
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment