Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Alex's Last Day and Going to Cape Coast

Friday November 13th

Today was Alex's last day in Ghana, and Henriette's last day coaching the soccer team (she is now teaching at the school I live at), so it was a sad senior training. I didn't do much; instead I just talked with Alex and Henriette. When practice finished I needed to go home to pack for Cape Coast, so I sad my good-byes, and headed off. Alex is really cool and funny, and it will be sad and strange not to see him on the soccer field everyday.
I got home, packed quickly and met the rest of the group at the tro-tro station. The group consisted of myself, Chris, Henriette, Jasmine, Laura, Lauren, Flourianne and Matt.We hopped into a tro, and 2 and a half hours later we arrived at Cape Coast. We had to wait for Lauren's friend, so we went to a local pub to sit for a while. This place only served alcohol; we had to force them to give us water, and they were no sodas, juices or snacks avaliable. I was really hungry so I walked around the city looking for food. We couldn't find any restaurants so I bought a loaf of bread, and had a lady cut up 3 pineapples for me.
We got back to the pub, and I shared my snacks with the rest of the group. Then Matt, Laura and I made up our own language, which consists of taking compound words and switching the order in which they are said. For example pineapple is appled pine and water melon is meloned water. Even though it sounds ridiculous, it was really funny and we did it with everything!
Lauren's friend finally arrived, so we headed in a taxo to the hotel aka botel.??
We got to the hotel, ate dinner, watched traditional African dances and played a card game called "Set" that Matt introduced. Then we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment