Senior training was my first activity today. I helped out with a few drills, and I also mastered the Ghanian hand-shake/ hi-5 they use here in Ghana! When I get back I'm going to do it with everyone, and everyone is just going to look at me strangely.
Once practice finished, Alex took me and Chris to La Palm, a 5 Star hotel where Project Abroad Volunteers go every Wednesday to swim at the pool. Jesse and Anna were already at the pool, as well as two people I had not met before: Taylor and Kelly. Both these girls were from the US, Oklahoma and New Jersey, respectively. I talked to the about TV and stuff which was happening back at home. It was nice talking to people from home, but it made me a little bit home sick.
After several hours at the pool, the soccer volunteers headed back to the field for U 12 training. At practice I took half the team and set up a crossing drill, which I always did while playing on the Regis soccer team.
When practice was finished, a few of the kids challeneged me to a race from one goal post to the other. They all thought they would crush me because I am white, so when I beat them, they were honestly astonished; they didn't believe how a white guy could beat them. It was actually really funny.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment