Monday November 2nd
Today was a typical monday. We had no senior training because they had a game yesterday, school training at noon and U 10 training in the evening.
Even though I say nothing really exciting happened, living in Ghana, and just walking around is pretty extraordinary. My blog cannot even begin to describe half of the unique and amazing things that happen here. Just walking through the prison barracks, or driving in the tro- tros are interesting, one of a kind experiences. You see the open sewyers filled with garbage and chickens, or 20 people cramped into a 10 person tro. I just want people to know that even though I sometimes will not write a lot for a peticular day, hundreds of tiny, little things happen to me that are truly incredible.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For lunch I went to a local chicken and rice place, which was really great. Afterwards, we headed to U 10 training. Richard, the head coach for U 10s and U 12s, put me in charge for a while, so I ran a few technique drills, and then refereed a match. These kids are honestly crazy, but they are so funny. I love playing around with them. We pretend fight with each other, and I tickle and chase a lot of them. Our favorite form of play is squirting water on to another. (Water here doesn't come in bottles, it comes in plastic bags, and to drink it you must bite of the end of one of the corners. It is also very easy to spray other kids with!) Then I took my camera out, and as usual the kids went nuts! They are really funny, happy kids, and I really have a lot of fun hanging out and being with them.
Then we went home, ate dinner, and went to sleep.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment