Saturday November 14th
Our first destination today was Kakum National Park. We were told that if we wanted to see monkey's and animals we would have to arrive at the park early, so we left the hotel at half past five. (As I left my room, there were literally 10,000 bugs hovering around the lights- not relavent, but extremely gross).
We got to the park and decided to do a canopy walk. The canopy walk consists of walking both through the jungle, and above the jungle, via rope bridge that are connected to trees 40+ meters high. We ended up seeing no animals, but it was really awesome to walk that high above th jungle, and have a 360 degree view of truly breathe-taking nature.
We returned the the hotel and ate breakfast. After the meal, Chris, Henriette, Flourianne and I were heading back to the room, and we saw 2 crocodiles in a pond within the hotel grounds. I had my bread from the other day, so we were throughing pieces of bread near the crocs. This caused fished to start nibbling on the bread, and then the crocs. would eat the fish. We were really amused by them!
After watching the reptiles, we decided to head into the city of Cape Coast. In the city we visted the slave castle. This was fascinating. We took a tour through the castle and visited all the slave dungeons. It was absolutely horrifing what the slaves had to go through. My words and my pictures cannot describe the horrific and cruel treatment those people had to endure. The guide was telling us how 200 men had to live in one room for 3 months, and as I was standing in the room, I looked around, and doubted how the room could hold 75 people, let alone 200.
After the tour of the castle, we walked around the fortress, near a fishing dock, which was cool. I saw really cool looking ships, and a lot of children swimming in the ocean; it had a really cool vibe to it. We also saw these kids doing flips and jumping over one another like 6 feet in the air. That was also incredible.
After a couple of hours on Cape Coast, we headed back to Accra.
On the bus ride back, I sat next to Laura, and we listened to the greatest music together. She has the best taste in music. Whatever song I chose from my Ipod she love, and all teh songs she chose were amazing. Some of the artist included Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift- music for 13 year old girls!! It was amazing!! We finally returned to Accra, and I went home and went to bed.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment