Thursday November 5th
I've been wanting to go running and get into shape while I am here, and today I began that endeavor. I went to the field stretched, and ran around the pitch about 10 times, which is a distance between 1.5- 2 miles. It is not very long distance, but I ran it in a decent time, and I am just begining my training.
A short while after my run, I helped out with senior training. Straight after senior training, we had school training. The kids were really wild, so we let them play a game and do penalty shots to keep them under control. After all practices we hand out water to the kids thinking they are thirsty. Well, today one of the kids decided he wanted to take a shower with the water. He got naked, and started spraying himself with the water. I didn't realize what was happening until all the other kids were pointing and laughing. I was about to get made at the kids for not getting dressed, but when I saw the naked kid, Samual, I started laughing; it was pretty histerical. Henriette and Chris also found this funny, but Alex was extremely upset.
Then I returned back to the house to rest, but when I walked into the school yard, a lot of kids ran up to me, and started pulling on my shirt. Instead of resting I played with them for an hour or two.
At around 4:00 o'clock I headed back to the pitch for U 12 training. Chris and I talked about how the kids mainly do possesion games, so I asked Richard if they could do a shooting drill. He said yes, and put me in charge. It was a very simple drill, but the kids were happy to do it because it was something new.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment